Valhalla Tahoe Executive Director
Valhalla Tahoe is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to assist the Forest Service in restoring the three estates on the Tallac Historic Site, develop Valhalla Tahoe’s site as a historic center, and sponsor and produce the annual Valhalla Arts, Music & Theatre Festival. It’s a unique venue for artistic and cultural performances, as it’s the only permanent performance facility located on the shores of Lake Tahoe. It’s also listed on the National Registry of Historic Sites.
The organization has come a long way over the years and is now seeking an Executive Director to continue that momentum. The ideal candidate will have nonprofit leadership experience, an affinity for arts and culture, and a strong desire to increase Valhalla’s presence in the local and regional community.
The Executive Director is the key management leader for Valhalla Tahoe. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Valhalla Tahoe in a direction that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Valhalla Tahoe to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and keeps the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Valhalla Tahoe’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementing Valhalla Tahoe programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Valhalla Tahoe can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Valhalla Tahoe’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements necessary resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Valhalla Tahoe’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high-integrity leadership
- Five or more years’ senior non-profit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Valhalla Tahoe’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite including Word & Excel, Quickbooks, and Dropbox or Google cloud-based document sharing.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Planning and operation of annual budget.
2 Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3 Serving as Valhalla Tahoe’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
4 Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Valhalla Tahoe’s mission.
5 Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions and fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of Valhalla throughout the region.
6 Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
7 Strategic planning and implementation.
8 Oversee Board and committee meetings.
9 Plan and execute sponsorship and donor programs.
10 Review and approve contracts for services.
11 Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Four (4) weeks PTO during the off-season (December – January).
To apply: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Valhalla Executive Director in the subject line.