Sample Rental Agreement and Policies for Events held at Valhalla Grand Hall
*May differ from actual Rental Agreement and Policies*
This Rental Agreement – made and entered into as of the date last set forth below, by and between Valhalla Tahoe, a non-profit organization and “Name of Bride & Groom.”
Whereas, renter desires to rent the facility from Valhalla Tahoe on the terms and conditions set forth herein and Valhalla Tahoe is willing to rent the facilities on such terms and conditions.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises set forth herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as set forth below.
- Facilities: Event: Date: Rate:
“Name of Bride & Groom.” Wedding and Reception, (the event)
Upon execution of the Agreement and payment of the required deposit, the Valhalla Grand Hall shall be reserved for Renter on the Date of “Date of Wedding” Times: TBD at a Rate of: “Fee Amount.”
Rate is for 10 hours of time to include, renter/vendor set up and break down.
a. Cash, personal check, money orders or credit cards are accepted. Credit card charges will be accessed an additional 4% surcharge.
b. The “Fee Amount” deposit representing 50% of the rental fee is due (Date) refundable and non-transferable. We will refund your deposit only if we are able to re-sell the date to another party. Your deposit would then be refunded less a $500 deduction for administration fees.
c. A refundable $1000 damage/cleaning deposit is also required to secure your date. This deposit must be received by “Date.”
d. An additional refundable cleaning deposit is required if renter uses catering company not on the Valhalla Tahoe approved vendor list (see item #12).
- Final payment– It is understood that the renters shall pay the full rental amount 60 days prior to the scheduled event date. Sixty days prior to the event, all deposits and monies collected except for cleaning, are non-refundable. Final payment is due on “Date.”
- Cancellations – Should you choose to cancel your event, the booking fee is non-refundable. Your deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. We will refund your deposit only if we are able to re-sell the date to another party. Your deposit would then be refunded less a $500 deduction for administration fees.
a. Cleaning deposit will be refunded within two weeks of cancellation.
b. Cancellations or change of date must be in writing.
a. Renter shall obtain general liability insurance covering the day of the event in the minimum amount of one million dollars in a form and amount satisfactory to Valhalla Tahoe. A certificate of insurance and a policy endorsement naming Valhalla Tahoe as an additional insured on the policy shall be provided to Valhalla Tahoe at last three business days before the day of the event. Event day insurance may be available through www.wedsafe.com, www.csicoverage.com,www.markelinsuresfun.com or renter’s insurance broker or agent.
a. All Vendors working at Valhalla shall carry and maintain in full force and effect while working at Valhalla workers compensation insurance, general liability insurance and policy endorsement naming Valhalla Tahoe as an additional insured showing the required insurance is in place.
b.Notwithstanding the requirement for such insurance, the vendor shall be required to also hold harmless, indemnify, and defend Valhalla Tahoe, to the maximum extent allowed by law, from any and all liability arising from Vendors’ use of Valhalla, including the payment of Valhalla Tahoe’s reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred in defense of any actual or alleged liability.
RULES OF THE VALHALLA GRAND HALL
- Use of Property – Rental of the site includes the use of the entire inside of the Grand Hall, kitchen, bridal changing room, restrooms, grooms room and the outside porch areas.
a. No events may take place or are allowed to be set up on the lawn area. b.Use of the property is available from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm. All festivities including amplified music must conclude no later than 10:00 pm. Quoted rate is for 10 hours total. Rental time may be changed no later than 30 days before the event. All festivities including amplified music must conclude no later than 10:00 pm. c. The capacity of the building is 140 persons maximum; however wedding groups are limited to 120 people maximum plus catering staff and other vendors inside the building including the porch areas. This is to ensure appropriate group flow. d. Renters are ultimately responsible for set up, take down, replacing all tables to storage area and final cleanup of the Grand Hall at the end of the rental period. e. In accordance with the State Fire Marshall restriction, the Upstairs balcony capacity is not to exceed 40 persons, 20 persons per side. Amounts exceeding the maximum person count are prohibited. f. Due to fire and safety codes and limitations set by Forest Service regulations, the above rules are strictly enforced and subject to change. g. Use of outside tents is prohibited. h. Farm Tables are not permitted inside the Grand Hall.
- Open Flame – No cooking is allowed on the porch area. Buffet lines are allowed.
a. Catering Companies are not allowed to cook on the lawn area.b. All Catering companies must be self contained with hot boxes or have the ability to prepare and cook meals within self contained kitchen/trailers.c. Kitchen trailers/vendors are allowed to park in the designated parking lot only.d. The use of propane heaters inside the building or outside on the deck and on the Grand Lawn is prohibited.
e. Fire extinguishers are placed by the main door, upstairs and back door. All vendors are required to have knowledge of use.*If your vendor is not on our “preferred vendor list” please have them contact our office.
- Fireplace -The main fireplace is used to be for ambiance only. It is not intended to provide heat.
a. Valhalla Tahoe will determine at anytime if the fire is too big and reserves the right to extinguish the fire.b. Renters or Guests may not build/add firewood/paper at anytime. The Valhalla Tahoe staff will provide this service.c. All firewood/starter logs will be provided by the renter and not by Valhalla Tahoe.d. Use of the small fireplace inside the building and the small fireplace located outside on the deck is prohibited.
- Parking/Shuttle requirements – Parking is limited to the Valhalla Parking lot only.
a. Parking is not allowed off asphalt, on bike trails, in the circle drive in front of main building, or on the one lane road that is considered a fire lane and must be kept clear at all times except for loading and unloading of items.b. Groups are allowed 30 parking spaces. The remainder of the spaces will be used for staff and vendors.
c. For parties over 50 people – shuttle transportation or valet services are required.
- Smoking – Vendors, staff and guests must follow the smoking policy.
a. No smoking is allowed inside the building or on the deck areas. Smoking is only allowed in the designated smoking area on the lawn area and in the front of the building close to the road. b. Smoking materials may not be distributed to guests inside the building or out on the porch. c. Any smoking materials debris found inside the building or on the wood deck within 24 hours of the wedding will result in immediate forfeit of the $1000 refundable deposit. Anyone found smoking in the no smoking areas will be advised as to the no smoking policy. If they have to be told a second time the renter will lose their $1000 refundable deposit.
IF THE FOREST SERVICE, CITY, COUNTY, OR OTHER LOCAL JURISDICTION HAS ISSUED A FIRE RESTRICTION ORDER FOR OUR AREA, smoking may be allowed within a designated area and all cigarette butts will be removed.
- Rehearsals– Wedding rehearsals may be scheduled prior to the event at a cost of $200 for one (1) hour and is based on availability. Minister, pastor and/or wedding planner must be present.
- Pets Due to the nature of the historic building no pets of any kind are allowed inside the Grand Hall at Valhalla. Service dogs are excluded. Proof of legal Service Dog certification must be presented to Valhalla Tahoe prior to the wedding. Service dogs must wear their official Service Dog vest at all times while on the property.
Due to the historic and sensitive nature of the Valhalla Grand Hall, vendors are required to sign off on our “Vendor Agreement Policy “required by Valhalla Tahoe and the USFS to help protect and preserve this historic building. Once a vendor has signed off, they will be kept in our files for the season and are not required to sign off on every event they do with Valhalla. If your chosen vendor has not signed this policy please have them contact us prior to being booked by you.The renter is fully responsible for non-approved vendors regarding clean up, garbage removal, conduct and damage or excessive cleaning for Valhalla Tahoe staff. Renter will be solely responsible and may be charged and/or lose all claim to refundable cleaning deposit. If any vendor that renter has chosen who was on the Valhalla Tahoe list but violated the policies during the season, Renter will be notified and if chooses to continue with vendor will be considered a non-approved vendor. Valhalla Tahoe and the USDFS is not responsible for any vendors, approved or not, for fulfilling contracts, obligations, refunds, or conduct. Please make sure to read each vendor contract carefully and that they have fulfilled the requirements to work at the Valhalla Grand Hall.
- Preferred Catering Vendors – Catering vendors on Valhalla’s list have agreed to terms and conditions of protecting and preserving the historic site.
a. If client is using a catering company not on our preferred list, and does not agree to sign the “vendor policy” an additional refundable cleaning/damage deposit of $1,000.00 will be required by the renter. The $1,000.00 cleaning/damage deposit will be refunded within two weeks if the Hall passes inspection at the end of the event and is cleared by our Valhalla Tahoe representative.
- Deliveries and Pickup – Unless client is using Valhalla Tahoe approved rental vendors, all rental items and vendor equipment must be removed at the end of the event.
a. The fire lane directly in front of the building may be used for loading and unloading b. Keys must be left in vehicles at all times while in the loading zone in case of emergencies.
c. Loading and unloading is restricted to 15 minutes.
- Noise Level – Amplified music must be maintained at a reasonable volume and is only allowed inside the building.
a. Valhalla Tahoe staff or USFS are authorized to lower sound provided by Band or DJ if deemed too loud.
- Alcohol Consumption
a. Vendor’s staff may not consume alcoholic beverages while on the property during an event.
b. Legal drinking age in the state of California is 21 years old.
c. Bar Staff and Valhalla Tahoe staff is authorized to close the bar down if alcohol consumption becomes a dangerous situation and is the cause of damage to the property.
- Cleaning Procedures – Due to previous bear problems in our area, cleaning up after each event is critical to protecting Valhalla from wildlife damage.
a. Vendors/Renters may use sinks to dispose of water-based organic liquids and food juices only (no oils). There are no garbage disposals. The facility’s stove, oven, refrigerator and microwave may not be used.
b. All garbage must be removed from property. Bear proof garbage containers are available. c. *Caterers* are required to wipe down / mop up all areas where food had been present.**see vendor policy for complete closing procedures**
- Decorations – All Decorations must be approved by the Valhalla Tahoe staff.
a. No tape, nails or staples can be used on building surfaces. Wire, Floral wire, non-stick tape are allowed. Hanging from cup hooks is mandatory. No tape of any kind is allowed on the wood floors.
b. Candles may only be used cautiously in the fireplace hearth area and on tables or other stable surface areas. Candles must be stationary and enclosed in non-flammable containers such as votives or glass vases. Battery operated tea lights are recommended. Removal of any wax on the wood floor or from the stone fireplace hearth/floor will be considered excessive cleaning and a charge will be deducted from the cleaning/damage deposit at a minimum of $100. An additional $100 per hour fee will be charged if the removal and cleaning of the affected area/areas is extensive. c. No rice, confetti, birdseed, potpourri, glitter or any substance of that nature. Rose petals may only be used for decorating purposes on tables only, and must be cleaned up entirely at the end of the event. d. Rose or any flower petals may not be used on the floor even if a floor runner is used. e. A dance floor may be required by Valhalla Tahoe or Forest Service determines excessive damage has happened to the wood floor during the year. f. No fireworks are allowed on property, inside or out, to include sparklers. g. No additional lighting fixtures or lights are allowed on the property unless first approved by Valhalla Tahoe.
- It is understood and agreed that should your group fail to adhere to all rules, policies and conform to the proper use of the building, the Tahoe Tallac Association may, at its discretion, terminate this agreement and require the renting parties to vacate the building (during the event if necessary), forfeiting any and all fees and monies.
- Valhalla Tahoe is not held liability for events not being held due to uncontrollable circumstances.
- Valhalla Tahoe is bound by the policy and rules enforce by the USDA Forest Service and maybe are subject to change at any time.
I/We have read and understood this agreement and the policies it contains. I understand that if I/We or any of the guests or vendors at the event does not comply with this agreement or the policies the event may be immediately terminated by Valhalla Tahoe, in its sole discretion, and/or all deposits made retained by Valhalla Tahoe. I understand and agree that, in addition, I/we will be responsible and liable to Valhalla Tahoe for any costs exceeding the amount of the retained deposit.
- Valhalla Tahoe Signature Date